Understanding What Cat6a Ethernet Cables Are
Cat6a Ethernet Cables are a type of ethernet cable designed to provide higher performance and support longer runs than the typical Cat5e or Cat6 cables. These cables are perfect for connecting your high-end home theater network and larger businesses who need long distance reliable connections. Our Cat6a ethernet cable offers speed up to 10 Gigabit per secondover 100M run, reducing interference from crosstalk and providing better power handling capabilities than its predecessors.
- Backward compatible with existing networks
- Shielded twisted-pair wire for insensitive connection
- Ideal for running media centers, gaming systems, or other demanding applications that require more bandwidth
- Enabled data transfer speeds up to 10 Gbps over greater distances with lower latency than standard Cat 6 cables
- Uncompromisingly reliable, providing consistent speeds and lag free communications even in high traffic enviroments
- Superior noise immunity blocks out crosstalk and RF interference caused by other devices
Which Ethernet Cable Is Best for Your Network?
Generally speaking, the best option for most home and office networks is a category 6A (Cat6a) cable. They are fast and more reliable than both Cat5e and Cat6 cables. For extra-long runs (160 ft/50 meters), you may need to use a category 7 cable, which supports data transfer speeds up to 10 Gbps.